wg-multicast - Cisco links

Subject: All things related to multicast

Cisco links

  • From: Toerless Eckert <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Cisco links
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 23:47:53 -0700

Picking up from the I2 working group meeting:

a) The "ip pim dr-priority" command to force routers to become
DRs independent of their IP addresses is now documented in:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ipmulticast/Multicast-Commands

b) The ISP deployment guide i referred to is
the "Interdomain Multicast Solutions" whitepaper, as pointed to by:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ipmulticast.html#Whitepapers

In that paper you will find our (Ciscos) recommended ISP deployment
solutions for IP Multicast. It includes both a description of the
why and how but also the full configuration of all the routers
that were used to set up a lab emulating 4 ISPs, eg: the whole
configuration was functionally tested.

c) The ImageCast groups are now in the msdp-sa-filter list recommendations:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ipmulticast/config-notes/msdp-sa-filter.txt

Cheers
Toerless

  • Cisco links, Toerless Eckert, 05/29/2001