wg-multicast - Re: Odd multicast packet loss to Nysernet - it's local

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Odd multicast packet loss to Nysernet - it's local

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: , Bill Nickless <>
  • Cc: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: Odd multicast packet loss to Nysernet - it's local
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:51:39 -0500

At 15:34 -0500 2/15/01, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Well, it looks like Al has figured out the problem - once we were sure it
was in the first hop to vBNS it was fairly straightfoward.

Things sound better on the player and look better on rtpqual now. I did see two instances of brief loss, at 130 seconds apart, but that was all in about 20 minutes of monitoring. . .

Bill.