wg-multicast - Las Cruce Multicast Meeting

Subject: All things related to multicast

Las Cruce Multicast Meeting

  • From: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • To:
  • Cc: , , , ,
  • Subject: Las Cruce Multicast Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:20:32 -0800 (PST)

(Please forward to other necessary persons and CC me on the forward)

Multicast Coordination Meeting
------------------------------

vBNS Joint Tech Ops Meeting
Las Cruces, New Mexico,
March 7, 1999 3pm to 5pm
http://www.ncne.org/news/workshop/990307/mtgnotice.html
(see the agenda on-site for room location)

Planning meeting to make sure everyone understands the
status of MBGP/MSDP deployment at the NGIXs. We also
plan to decide how to peer MBGP/MSDP between sites that
are ready to do so.

This will be both a planning meeting and a deployment
meeting so bring relevant information about your
network including topologies, interconnect points,
type of equipment you are running in the exchange,
versions of routing code, size of your multicast
routing table, scoped addressing requirements, etc.

Currently, the list of networks likely to be represented
include vBNS, Abilene, NREN, DREN, ESNET, CANARIE, SURFnet,
NORDUnet, and maybe others.

As a result, I'm trying to put together a list of
engineers from each network who are the best contact person
for multicast. FYI, this email went out to the I2 working
group plus a few other people (see To: line). If you are
not a multicast person and do not want to be on this list,
let me know (and sorry... I got your name from somewhere).
Finally, please send me an RSVP if you plan on being in
Las Cruces for this meeting so I can get a head count.

-Kevin Almeroth

  • Las Cruce Multicast Meeting, Kevin C. Almeroth, 02/04/1999