wg-multicast - Recommended 12.0S versions for Abilene

Subject: All things related to multicast

Recommended 12.0S versions for Abilene

  • From: David Meyer <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , , , , ,
  • Subject: Recommended 12.0S versions for Abilene
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:12:05 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

Based on the DDTS that I have received from you and
my brief discussions with John Cavanaugh, it looks
like the best 12.0S version for you to start with this
12.0(2.7)S. This will become 12.0(3)S when it is posted
to CCO (possibly later this month).

John is or will be testing this in his lab, and many ISPs have
already rolled it out (e.g., Sprint, Qwest).

Abilene NOC: Please set a time table and strategy for rolling
out these new images so that you can get confortable and we can
get multicast going.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Thanks,

Dave