wg-irr - Re: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements

Subject: Registry Working Group

Re: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements

  • From: David Farmer <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Michael H Lambert <>
  • Subject: Re: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:09:53 -0500

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 6:37 PM Jeff Bartig <> wrote:
When I visit this their ISP Portal and login as AS11164 (I2PX), it does show me a list of all of the prefixes they receive from AS11164, but currently none of them are marked as having any IRR issues.  If you click on "filter by problem", there is a choice of "Invalid IRR", but it produces no results.  Does anyone else that has direct peering with Google see any of your prefixes flagged as Invalid IRR?

I do not see any prefixes flagged as "Invalid IRR" in Google's portal for us and I do have some flagged as "rejected,does not strictly match IRR policy or RIR handles" by routing.he.net. So I don't think Google has flipped the switch yet, so to speak.

FYI, we just brought up peering with Google at MICE this week, the following was in their announcement to the MICE list

While we have paused IX peering due to IRR validation we will be reviewing MICE requests on a case by case basis for approval since we are changing ASNs.

Thanks

David Farmer
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952