wg-irr - Re: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements

Subject: Registry Working Group

Re: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements

  • From: Michael H Lambert <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:17:45 -0400
> On 15 Aug 2019, at 19:06, Jeff Bartig <> wrote:
>
> Google has also been putting some content on their web site:
>
> https://support.google.com/interconnect/answer/9368848?hl=en&ref_topic=9326690
> (see each of the links on the right of this page)
> https://peering.google.com/#/options/peering (search page for IRR)

Regarding these two links: I did ask Google exactly what they meant by
"supported registries”. The answer I got a couple of weeks ago was that this
is the list of registries they are actually going to query. They do not plan
to restrict their filter-building to objects having one of those registries
as the source. Since, for example, ALTDB is mirrored by RADB, objects in
ALTDB will be candidates for use. The purpose behind querying multiple
registries is to maximize coverage, not tie folks into particular registries.
Of course, this could all change upon implementation.

Michael