wg-irr - [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements

Subject: Registry Working Group

[WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements

  • From: Jeff Bartig <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [WG-IRR] Google IRR based route filtering public announcements
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 23:06:48 +0000

Hello IRR WG Members,

I was asked if Google had made any public announcement about the IRR based route filtering they will be implementing.

Google has given a couple of  presentations on the topic at NANOG and RIPE meetings over the past year.  I think the RIPE presentation was the most recent and complete.

RIPE78:
https://ripe78.ripe.net/presentations/54-Route-Filtering-at-the-Edge-AS15169-Connect-%40RIPE.pdf
https://ripe78.ripe.net/archives/video/56/

NANOG75:
https://pc.nanog.org/static/published/meetings/NANOG75/1959/20190220_Morrow_Lightning_Talk_Prefix_v1.pdf
https://youtu.be/0zowoxtK_Xk

NANOG74:
https://pc.nanog.org/static/published/meetings/NANOG74/1760/20181003_Tzvetanov_Security_Track_Bgp_v1.pdf
Starts on page 97, search for "So I need to Start Route Filtering Peers", no video available.  This was the first public presentation I saw. Google planned to drop routes by March 2019, but have since been saying September 2019.

Google has also been putting some content on their web site:

https://support.google.com/interconnect/answer/9368848?hl=en&ref_topic=9326690 (see each of the links on the right of this page)
https://peering.google.com/#/options/peering (search page for IRR)

Jeff

--