sip.edu - CID verification

Subject: SIP in higher education

CID verification

  • From: Duane <>
  • To:
  • Subject: CID verification
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:35:03 -0400

Candace asked about peer to peer solutions on verification, that would relate back to my comment on using e164.org and SPF records to do on a per phone number verification similar to John's verification on servers.

The benefit in using e164.org in this capacity is we already do verification on phone numbers for other reasons.

This wouldn't be mutually exclusive to John's proposal and offers an additional level of verification into the mix, and as with email filter there is no golden bullet it's a case of layering security and this is just another option available.

--

Best regards,
Duane

http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
but the optimist has a better time on the trip."