sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Outsourcing Campus Communications

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Outsourcing Campus Communications

  • From: Christian Schlatter <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Outsourcing Campus Communications
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:14:31 -0500

Ben Teitelbaum wrote:
You can now outsource campus email to Google (see blog posting
attached below). Next up (I imagine), Google Talk. Would you point
your MX record at Google? How about your SIP or XMPP SRV records?

Google has now integrated GoogleTalk IM&P into their Gmail portal. I think this combination of mail and IM&P is very handy and is one step closer to a real unified messaging platform. And since the Gmail user base is huge, this will probably have a high impact on the whole RTC market.

So it is only a question of time before Google also integrates the VoIP part of GoogleTalk.

Christian

--
Christian Schlatter
RTC Architect