sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 7/7

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 7/7

  • From: Duane <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 7/7
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:50:28 +1000

Stephen Kingham wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am looking again to attend and am working out the local time.
> Especially as you are raising such an important subject. I am going to
> set the alarm and attend at 04:00 am AEST (UTC+10), I certainly hope I
> get the calculations right.. No promises, please do not wait for me.
> In the event that I do not attend can I please put forward my request
> for support for E164, or at least ENUM (which is E164).
>
> I believe E.164 is so important for progressing the promotion of SIP
> based communications, ENUM for example is all about E.164. Thus
> limiting SIP in Internet2 away from E164 alienates Internet2 away from
> ENUM to the grave disadvantage of Internet2, and frankly would move any
> progress/discussion to another forum that is interested tackling the
> problem.

E.164 allows for multiple routes with preferences etc, so just list an
internet2 route lower then a normal internet route... As long as both
legs of the route can see a unified tree then there should be no issue...

--

Best regards,
Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
but the optimist has a better time on the trip."