sip.edu - Fwd: Re: [sip.edu] Numeric identifiers for sip.edu telephony

Subject: SIP in higher education

Fwd: Re: [sip.edu] Numeric identifiers for sip.edu telephony

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fwd: Re: [sip.edu] Numeric identifiers for sip.edu telephony
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:48:39 -0700

I think this might get some decent comments if more widely distributed, so I'm sending to the larger list. The following is not a replacement for either e164.arpa ENUM trees, nor is it a proposal to avoid using SIP URIs, but is a middle-ground. It also describes the method for distribution of actual endpoint identification via a hybrid of ENUM.