sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 7/7

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 7/7

  • From: Stephen Kingham <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 7/7
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:18:36 +1000

Hi all

I am looking again to attend and am working out the local time. Especially as you are raising such an important subject. I am going to set the alarm and attend at 04:00 am AEST (UTC+10), I certainly hope I get the calculations right.. No promises, please do not wait for me. In the event that I do not attend can I please put forward my request for support for E164, or at least ENUM (which is E164).

I believe E.164 is so important for progressing the promotion of SIP based communications, ENUM for example is all about E.164. Thus limiting SIP in Internet2 away from E164 alienates Internet2 away from ENUM to the grave disadvantage of Internet2, and frankly would move any progress/discussion to another forum that is interested tackling the problem.

Best Regards

Stephen Kingham

Dennis Baron wrote:

Call tommorow, Thursday, 7/7/05 2:00-3:00 EDT (UTC-4)

Agenda

- SIP.edu by Numbers - All

We will continue our discussion about supporting SIP calling for
devices with only 12-keys - including some more discussion of the
pros and cons of using E.164 numbers. (See the notes from the 6/23
call and Ben's slides for background.)

- Deployment updates and questions - All

- Let me know if you have any other items for this or future agendas!

Dennis

Thursday 2:00 PM US/Eastern
To join the call, do one of the following:
a. Call
sip:,
or

sip:,
or
b. Dial +1-734-615-7474, or
+1-800-392-6130, or +1-866-411-0013 and enter access code 0153458, or
c. To have the system call you, click here:
https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458

--
Stephen Kingham, MIT, BSc, E&C Cert
Project Manager and Consulting Engineer mailto:

Voice and Video over IP
for The Australian Academic Research Network (AARNet)
http://www.aarnet.edu.au