sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Today

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Today

  • From: Chris Hills <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Today
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:47:25 +0000

Ben Teitelbaum wrote:
> I question whether a "root" is really needed. Multiple private ENUM
clouds can federate to exchange routes. Technically, this could be
accomplished through exchange of zone files or by having the outbound
SIP proxy query more than one ENUM root (modern versions of SER seem
to be able to do this).

-- ben

Agreed, querying multiple routes is possible, but if every college and university runs its own enum tree, thats going to generate a large number of lookups everytime a call is placed. I am all for a single root.

(By the way, e164.org, a public enum service, now allows registration of ranges as well as individual numbers)

--
Chris Hills
IT Services