sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow

  • From: (Dennis Baron)
  • To:
  • Cc: "Bloxham, Alfred" <>
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:21:03 -0400

Thursday, 9/16/04 2:00-3:00 EDT

Agenda

- SIP.edu Deployment Updates - anyone?

- SIP.edu Peering - By the Numbers - Dennis

SIP.edu uses DNS hostnames as part of an open peering architecture.
But what about the poor callers that are stuck with those "twelve
button keyboards"? Should we worry about them? What are the
options for supporting them? What are other SIP providers doing to
peer with each other? UCSD has begun a peering relationship with
sipphone.com - I'm hoping that they can talk a little about what
they are doing.

Slides will be available during the call at:

http://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458

- SIP Sightings - anyone?

Anything interesting/relevant that you discovered recently that
you'd like to share with the group? New SIP services? New SIP
devices? SIP in the news?

- Let me know if you have anything else for this or future agendas!

Dennis

Thursday 2:00 PM US/Eastern
To join the call, do one of the following:
a. Dial +1-734-531-0125, or
+1-800-392-6130, or
+1-800-541-1710 and enter access code 0153458, or
b. Call
sip:,
or
c. To have the system call you, click here:
https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0153458