Subject: SIP in higher education
- From: (Dennis Baron)
- To: Jeremy George <>
- Subject: Re: [sip.edu] stalker.com
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:47:30 -0400
> Anybody know anything about them? Or their CommuniGate product?
I've heard of them but never looked at their product. Looks like the
SIP/presence stuff is new.
* SIP: the SIP module has been completely redesigned. The SIGNAL module
(proxy and server functions) is implemented.
* SIGNAL: the Presence module has been implemented (used to exchange
online status information with "buddies").
* WebUser: the presence.wssp page/code module is implemented.
* MAPI: 1.1.6 version of the MAPI Connector is included.
* Kerberos: Triple-DES methods are supported now.
But they seem to have one thing right :-) .
"SIP presence is established with a SIP identifier. In CommuniGate
Pro this identifier is the same as the user's email address. The
address is used for both the email address and SIP
identifier allowing the user to receive emails, IM, voice, video
and other calls using the same globally unique address."
Link for trial version seems to be broken at the moment.
This fully-functional version does not expire, but does insert a
demo message in all outgoing emails. Once a license is purchase
and the license keys added into the server settings the demo
message is eliminated.
Senior Project Director
Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Room E19-738 tel:+1-617-252-1232
77 Massachusetts Avenue; Cambridge, MA 02139-4307 fax:+1-617-253-8000
- stalker.com, Jeremy George, 09/10/2004
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.