shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] SP 2.4.2 & Novell Access Manager 3.1.3

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] SP 2.4.2 & Novell Access Manager 3.1.3

  • From: Dan McLaughlin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] SP 2.4.2 & Novell Access Manager 3.1.3
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 00:32:56 -0500

It is my finding that as of Shibboleth SP 2.4.2 the default behavior
of the MetadataGenerator no-longer complies with the GFIPM
Cryptographic Trust Model requirements:

"6. Two <KeyDescriptor> elements MUST be present within
<SPSSODescriptor>. One <KeyDescriptor> element MUST specify the
signing key for this SP, and the value of its use attribute MUST be
“signing.” The other <KeyDescriptor> element MUST specify the
encryption key for this SP, and the value of its use attribute must be
“encryption.”"

Dan McLaughlin
Technology Consortium, LLC

http://www.tech-consortium.com

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. The contents of
this e-mail are confidential and may be subject to work product
privileges. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:13 AM,