shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Red Hat 6

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Red Hat 6

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: David Langenberg <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Red Hat 6
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:45:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> Has anybody thought about perhaps building the RHEL6 packages with
> static links to libcurl/openssl thereby allowing the OS packages to
> remain?

If you mean statically linking in a version of libcurl, no, I haven't tried
it.

In my experience, C++ + static linking + shared libraries + dynamic loading
== boom.

However, the libcurl dependency in my build is confined to only one library,
so in theory it might work. You'd still have to produce an RPM that installed
a static libcurl.a linked to openssl in some location other than /usr/lib
though.