shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Red Hat 6

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Red Hat 6

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>, David Langenberg <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Red Hat 6
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:48:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> However, the libcurl dependency in my build is confined to only one library,
> so in theory it might work. You'd still have to produce an RPM that
> installed a
> static libcurl.a linked to openssl in some location other than /usr/lib
> though.

Forgot to add, you can't link libcurl itself to openssl statically. That will
lead to the "boom" I mentioned because there are several other libraries in
the stack sharing openssl and you can't just load multiple static copies of
it and expect to share state properly.

But xmltooling -> static libcurl.a -> shared openssl might work, as long as
xerces isn't linked to libcurl (which it isn't in my builds).