shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Cannot retrieve source code

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Cannot retrieve source code

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Cannot retrieve source code
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:24:57 -0500

Yes, it does sound like that issue. Chrome MacOS does that for me as
well, as where Firefox and Safari do not. In observing the logs on the
svn server, I can confirm that it is returning a 401 when Chrome
requests the /favicon.ico. That's expected - the Subversion DAV module
behaves that way when you request a non-existent path (e.g. /foo), or
for example the root (/). I'm not aware of any way to make it not do that.

This doesn't seem like a critical issue, since most people aren't
pointing browsers at the svn URL, but rather an svn client. If you want
a nice web view of the source, I'd suggest using the ViewVC access
mechanism, e.g. http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-idp.