shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Parseable audit logs for SP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Parseable audit logs for SP

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Parseable audit logs for SP
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:57:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> I guess this would make writing a generally useful parser (such as
> [1]) for these logs rather difficult -- which seems to be the whole
> purpose of generating parsable logs.

I don't see the conflict. Apache logs can be ordered in whatever way you
want, but there are defaults or assumptions that people use to write parsers.

But I would assume that parsing a properly delimited line would be easy, just
a matter of giving the tool a basic field ordering. I thought that was
typical of all log parsing tools anyway.