shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Parseable audit logs for SP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Parseable audit logs for SP

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Parseable audit logs for SP
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:36:15 +0100

* Cantor, Scott E.
<>
[2011-02-09 16:12]:
> I think I would probably end up creating something that was
> pattern-based and allowed people to specify how they wanted the
> fields ordered, or omitted, and then created log output through the
> existing library.

I guess this would make writing a generally useful parser (such as
[1]) for these logs rather difficult -- which seems to be the whole
purpose of generating parsable logs. At least unless such a tool also
implemented configuring itself according to your config pattern (or
using some other mechanism to look up what information is expected to
be found where),
-peter

[1] https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdP+Audit+Log+Analysis+Tool