shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Idp-ext-delegation & 2.2 idp

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Idp-ext-delegation & 2.2 idp

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Idp-ext-delegation & 2.2 idp
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:02:59 -0500

On 1/6/11 3:55 PM, Cantor, Scott E. wrote:

> Is there a default builder of the sort I have? That would at least make it
> perhaps a class-cast exception. Not sure that's any better, but...

We have the notion of the default provider that can be registered, but
the builder, marshaller and unmarshaller for that must be requested
explicitly. They are never returned just because you failed to find the
specific one you asked for. I guess that could be an option, but it
would just be trading one one fatal RuntimeException for another, like
you said, so I'd agree that it doesn't really help much in this case.