shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: EDS page embedding

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: EDS page embedding

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: EDS page embedding
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 07:26:15 -0500

Well, let me say that I don't think one *must* have the login link. What I think is important is consistency. So this means a consistent process (I do step 1, then step 2, then step 3 and I'm logged in) as well as a consistent UI.

The UI part is what we're trying to address with the EDS. Some folks in the UK federation refer to the DS as the "orange wall" because it's such a jarring change from most sites. IC, not to be outdone, went ahead and created a WAYF that, as far as I can tell, tries to be as different from any site out there as possible. In reality though, and I'm sure federation people don't like to hear this, the user couldn't care less about the federation. The federation brand is mostly (and should be completely) meaningless to them. It's on those pages just to give some bosses a tingly feeling.