shibboleth-dev - EDS page embedding [was: Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: [Shib-Users] the '_saml_idp' cookie]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

EDS page embedding [was: Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: [Shib-Users] the '_saml_idp' cookie]

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: EDS page embedding [was: Re: [Shib-Dev] Re: [Shib-Users] the '_saml_idp' cookie]
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:26:57 -0500

Rod pointed out, in a separate email to me, that the difference you're talking about might be about what happens prior to loading the page the DS is on. The Shib DS uses the IdP discovery protocol so a proper DS request needs to be sent to the page. The SWITCH WAYF has its own internal config options which allows any ol' request to the page to work fine.

Rod asked if maybe we should add the ability to configure the properties, normally gotten via the DS request, in the same manner as the Javascript properties. I think that's fine and would result in the same "render on any ol' request" functionality that the SWITCH WAYF has.