shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Idp-ext-delegation & 2.2 idp

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Idp-ext-delegation & 2.2 idp

  • From: Etienne Dysli <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Idp-ext-delegation & 2.2 idp
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:52:28 +0100

On 27/09/10 05:56, Bradley Schwoerer wrote:
> Attached are the changes to make it compile and a starting point for
> others. I am going to continue on this.

The change that prevents building the extension against idp 2.2 is that
the latter ships with slf4j 1.6 whereas 2.1 shipped with slf4j 1.5.
There is an API change between those two versions of slf4j: all methods
of org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter now return a
org.slf4j.helpers.FormattingTuple instead of a java.lang.String.

So the delegation extension needs to be fixed everywhere it expects
MessageFormatter.format() to return a String. This can be simply
accomplished by appending a call to FormattingTuple.getMessage() to
every call of MessageFormatter.format(). There is no need to switch from
using org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter to java.text.MessageFormat.

My attached patch makes those changes, plus adds a new method to
edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.ext.delegation.authn.ValidationContext
overloading setValidationFailureMessage(String message) with
setValidationFailureMessage(FormattingTuple message).

Regards,
Etienne