shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Distribution, Installation, and Configuration

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Distribution, Installation, and Configuration

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Distribution, Installation, and Configuration
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:35:54 -0400

On 7/29/10 9:30 AM, Steve Thorpe wrote:
Hi Chad,

By config file, do you refer to one of the "lite" property files as
mentioned in
<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPSimplifyConfig>?

The property file at the very bottom of that page, yes.

If one
of these was created beforehand by the script and placed into the
IDP_HOME/conf directory, would that bypass the installer asking the
questions?

And yes, that, possibly in conjunction with "no prompt" flag for the installer would bypass the asking of questions. Basically what I want to avoid is having to change the installer when a new property might become available. In addition, extensions can use the property based file and obviously there isn't anything I could do to automatically reflect their config options in the installer.

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz