shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] Build issue on Shibboleth on Windows with Visual Studio

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] Build issue on Shibboleth on Windows with Visual Studio

  • From: Pieter Breed <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] Build issue on Shibboleth on Windows with Visual Studio
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

(Sorry for the crosspost, I originally posted in the wrong list)

I am trying to get Shibboleth built on Windows7 64 using Visual Studio 8.
I've read through the wiki page
(https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPWindowsSourceBuild) but
I'm having some build problems.

I managed to find many of the dependencies and got them set up. One of the
items I can't get set up is libmemcached which apparently has a win32 port
but without Visual Studio support. Is this correct?

I am also getting a few errors in the REL_2 branch which I can't explain:

1>c:\dev\shib\branches\rel_2\shibsp\remoting\impl\socketlistener.cpp(434) :
error C2660: 'xmltooling::Thread::create' : function does not take 3
arguments
4>c:\dev\shib\branches\rel_2\fastcgi\shibresponder.cpp(45) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fcgio.h': No such file or directory

Is it currently possible to build shibboleth on windows and visual studio?

Regards,
Pieter