shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Build issue on Shibboleth on Windows with Visual Studio

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Build issue on Shibboleth on Windows with Visual Studio

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Build issue on Shibboleth on Windows with Visual Studio
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:04:06 -0400

> I managed to find many of the dependencies and got them set up. One of the
> items I can't get set up is libmemcached which apparently has a win32 port
> but without Visual Studio support. Is this correct?

Pretty much. I have a snapshot of a library that I use just to build the
plugin, but I don't ship it in the install because I don't ship code that
isn't based on released/supported libraries and I don't have sufficient
confidence in that situation. Just don't build the plugin.

:
> error C2660: 'xmltooling::Thread::create' : function does not take 3
> arguments

Your xmltooling and opensaml are probably not current. You can't build the
SP without the svn versions of both of those. You may need unreleased
xml-security-c also. You really should stick with the released versions of
the SP and dependencies unless you have some need for unreleased features.

> 4>c:\dev\shib\branches\rel_2\fastcgi\shibresponder.cpp(45) : fatal error
> C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fcgio.h': No such file or directory

You don't have a FCGI library installed. Again, just don't build that part.

> Is it currently possible to build shibboleth on windows and visual studio?

Yes, obviously.