shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Problem shibboleth with apache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Problem shibboleth with apache

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Problem shibboleth with apache
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:24:12 +0100

Posting the question here isn't going to get you a different answer than posting in the user's list.

You're Apache/JBoss configuration is misconfigured, it's not a Shib thing. You need to contact the support people for your web server and/or container. I personally would probably start with the JBoss people.

wrote:
Hi,
I use Shibboleth SP 2.3.1 to protect a Java application that performs authentication by reading attributes from header.
The application allows a user to authenticate using the parameter "cf" that reads from header. Shibboleth SP retrieves the parameter from Shibboleth IdP and passes it to the application. The application reads the header and logs the user.
Unfortunately, authentication only works locally. Java application running
under JBoss and is protected by shibboleth with apache and mod_jk. Apache
passes the parameters in the header only if I use the browser locally and not
pass them if I try to authenticate from another pc. What could it be?
Thanks

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities