shibboleth-dev - Problem shibboleth with apache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Problem shibboleth with apache

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Problem shibboleth with apache
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:18:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I use Shibboleth SP 2.3.1 to protect a Java application that performs
authentication by reading attributes from header.
The application allows a user to authenticate using the parameter "cf" that
reads from header. Shibboleth SP retrieves the parameter from Shibboleth IdP
and passes it to the application. The application reads the header and logs
the user.
Unfortunately, authentication only works locally. Java application running
under JBoss and is protected by shibboleth with apache and mod_jk. Apache
passes the parameters in the header only if I use the browser locally and not
pass them if I try to authenticate from another pc. What could it be?
Thanks