shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 4/20/2009 -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 4/20/2009 -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] SHIB Status call -- 4/20/2009 -- 12:00 pm EDT, 9 am PDT
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:12:00 -0400

André Cruz wrote on 2009-04-20:
> For the first time I managed to listen on one of these calls (I even
> heard my name mentioned :) ). I think they are useful for people
> interested in the development and future of shibboleth. Are they
> recorded? How about making it a shibboleth podcast? :)

They're generally only recorded when somebody that's a usual attendee can't
make it, and wants to hear it for some reason.

I don't social network, blog, podcast, twitter, or anything else, but I
don't care if somebody else wants to take the time to record them. I don't
say things on a call that I wouldn't say in an email.

> I couldn't participate because I work in an openspace here but the
> connection was getting dropped constantly, I connected directly using
> SIP and after a few dropped connections I was unable to connect
> again... I always got an automated message: "That conference hasn't
> started yet. To enter another conference, press star"...

FWIW, I've used SIP in the past without much trouble but not recently (and
obviously I'm not across the ocean).

-- Scott

PS. I think Chad explained the main impedance mismatch between the IdP
storage layer and memcache, but if you had anything to add...