shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] ADFSv1 support in IdP v2.x

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] ADFSv1 support in IdP v2.x

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] ADFSv1 support in IdP v2.x
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:54:25 -0700 (PDT)

The beta version doesn't support the SAML role yet...

I want to clarify this statement, because it might not be true
anymore... I've read this in the "Add IdP.pdf" guide from the Geneva
Server How-To Guides [1], I quote:

Currently, “Geneva” Server Beta does not support Security Assertion
Markup Language (SAML) protocol identity providers.

This document was released on 25-10-2008, so I have no idea if this is
still valid information.

We here at UW did some alpha-testing with Microsoft before the beta 1
release. This tested the Shib 2.x SP against a Geneva IdP. So I'm pretty sure there's a SAML 2 IdP in the beta 1 box.

At a recent meeting a MS person on the Geneva team said that beta 2 would be shipping "in the first half of 2009" and would include more solid implementations of both sides. And the final RTM version would happen by the end of 2009.

None of which solves your ADFS problem any time soon ...

- RL "Bob"