shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] ADFSv1 support in IdP v2.x

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] ADFSv1 support in IdP v2.x

  • From: Philip Brusten <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] ADFSv1 support in IdP v2.x
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:00:54 +0200

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 17:14 +0200,

wrote:
> At 9:32 AM +0200 4/3/09, Pieter Vandepitte wrote:
> >Support for ADFSv1 was available in Shibboleth IdP 1.3 but is
> >currently still on the roadmap for future versions of IdP v2.x. Is
> >there a timeline for that project? Or is someone working on that? If
> >not, am I right that I should write a Profile Handler Extension and
> >extend AbstractShibbolethProfileHandler?
> >

> microsft will be shipping "Geneva" sometime this year, and,
> supposedly, it will be supporting SAML 2.... I believe you can
> download beta versions of Geneva today....

The beta version doesn't support the SAML role yet... But anyway, it is
good news.

> can you explain why you need ADFSv1 support ? Since even microsoft
> seems to be moving away from it and towards "standards"......

We are using the ADFS plugin for Shibboleth IdP 1.3 but we want to
upgrade our Shibboleth IdP to 2.x. The only thing that keeps us from
upgrading is the ADFSv1 plugin. So either we need to port that plugin to
Shib2 or we need to wait for the Geneva project and upgrade our current
ADFSv1 platform with all its dependencies (I think the latter will last
longer).

Philip