shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Spring supports OAuth

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Spring supports OAuth

  • From: Peter Williams <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Spring supports OAuth
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:47:48 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Another motivating argument is that deployment-focussed folks simply want to
talk to and mashup with the many oauth sites (who show little sign of
adopting saml/shib or more formal sts architectures).

I di have an excellent and very satisfying interaction with a new saml sp
partner last week that used the spring security framework for saml2
interworking (both sso and slo). Im guessing they invested less that 20h
adding saml2 to the commercial website. Quite what spring provides in terms
of session security model (over and above serialization and signing/pki) I
dont know (and as the peer-peer idp I don't really care). But they are quite
delighted with saml2. Ill try to chat to them about what opportunity oauth
might offer them, in a combo protocol world.