shibboleth-dev - Writing an IDP extension

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Writing an IDP extension

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Writing an IDP extension
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:48:11 +0100

Hello.

I'm writing an IDP extension and following the https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPDevCustomExtension guide. It is well written but there are some things missing.

- After step 6, what next? I tried a "mvn install" but maven complained:

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
1) edu.internet2.middleware:shibboleth- identityprovider:jar:SHIBBOLETH_VERSION

Maybe the extension code should be placed somewhere related to the IDP code?

- Where do we put additional jars that our extension needs so that they will be copied along with the extension jar? Or does the jar get created and then we manually copy everything to some directory in the IDP tree?

Thanks,
André