shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] "open/resolved/closed" in jira

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] "open/resolved/closed" in jira

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] "open/resolved/closed" in jira
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:37:23 -0400

> Thanks, I noticed the difference (resolved/closed) but for some reason
> had the impression of this not being used or at least not being used
> consistently across the components. Now I see I should have asked this
> on-list in the first place.
>
> * Scott's shared filter "Shibboleth 2.0 SP Open Issues" includes
> resolved issues. Now I know "open" means "not part of any release".

To clarify, I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't close some issues if I
knew that they were fixed. But generally I don't close issues until I'm
nearing a release, and the people who report bugs generally don't come back
and let me know if the fix was tested (or close the bugs themselves), so
they hang around until the release.

So I suppose you can say that I'm not really doing anything differently.
"Open" to me really means "not confirmed by anybody to be fixed".