shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Writing an IDP extension

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Writing an IDP extension

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Writing an IDP extension
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:00:46 +0200

The error you saw is because you didn't set the change a <version> tag
per Step 1.2. And reading the wording I currently have for that I can
understand why. I'll fix that up after I send this email.

As to how you chose to distribute and have people install the plugin,
that's up to you and it's going to depend on what exactly your plugin
is. For example, a filter engine match functor is going to have a
different installation process than a login handler that requires an
additional Servlet be configured. In the simplest case you tell people
to put the jar in the IDP src directory and re-run the installer.

Right now these instructions are solely about how to get people up and
running with building extensions. I'd note that they aren't super
useful at the moment because the IdP artifacts aren't posted in the Shib
maven repository yet. That'll happen with 2.1. 2.0 wasn't built with
Maven and I never took the time to do all the manual deployment of
artifacts. Also, one of our guys here at SWITCH is writing an extension
as well and noticed some typos in the LoginHandler sub-page. He said
he'd fix them up once he got through everything and was sure it all
worked which I suspect would probably be tomorrow.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities