shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:43:59 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I didn't consider the failure a bug when I noticed it would not interoperate.
I generally considered the 3rd party initiated SSO to be a hacked solution,
so I did not expect it to consistently work. The third party request profile
looks interesting, and I can see some value in it. Although I think Peter
Williams is correct in that there is a subtle difference in whether it's
truly 3rd party initiated when it is the IDP (perhaps not the software, but
the entity/system) trying to initiate the Unsolicited SSO.