shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:15:59 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Nate,

This technique works fine Shibboleth to Shibboleth, but in my interoperability testing with some commercial products, it is inconsistent as to whether it works.  The IDP populates the InResponseTo attribute, and according to the SAML standards it “MUST NOT contain an InResponseTo” for Unsolicited Responses.  I know that when I did some testing with CA Siteminder, it failed with an error about unrecognized Response ID.

Is there a way in the spoofing to tell the IDP to leave out that attribute?