shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] idp-initiated SSO
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:30:37 +0200

That's an interesting question. I don't how you could tell a 3rd-party
initiated request from an SP-initiated one, at the IdP, unless you
required signed requests (which we don't).

I don't like calling them spoof'ed requests just because that will make
some people worry, I'm sure. It's really just a 3rd party, like a
portal, starting the flow.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities