shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF

  • From: "Rod Widdowson" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Central WAYF + Distributed WAYF - Disadvantages = Embedded WAYF
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:30:26 +0100

Lukas,

This sounds like fun, but my mind begings to explode with the intricacies of
which server sets which cookie for collection by which javascript stored on
what machine on behalf of which entity.

To help me I wanted to chase the cookies through the system so I could get my
mind round this since I haven't yet completely grocked how you update the
cookie for the central WAYF's store - the one at
https://wayf-test.switch.ch/, do I gather that this is just a web server
which you just bounce through and which sets the cookie on its way (with no
policing of the parameters?)

But I am having problems - does this work with IE? I have a pretty standard
install but when I compare it side by side with firefox and I'm missing about
50% of the display (I get the pull down list, but not the "remember
selection" selection nor the "login" button).

Rod