shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:22:28 -0400

> Due to the keyinfo being somewhat base64'd already, the
> base64 transform adds about 30% to the length of the text.

I know, but linefeeds have to be removed, and most likely there will be
other problems using XML in a header, and URL-escaping XML tends to be not
all that much smaller because of all the repeating characters that end up
being escaped.

500-1000 bytes is likely fine. 1500 is probably pushing it even without
encoding it.

I wonder if we should consider just extracting the public key in all cases
(even if a self-signed cert is used) and then exporting the key as base64'd
DER (rather than in XML form).