shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:32:18 -0400

> Is there a preference for how we give the keyinfo to
> the app? A block of KeyInfo xml in the environment
> might work for unix. Something stuck in a header
> for windows?

It depends on the size, we'd have to experiment with it. If it's a problem,
we can write another loopback handler of some kind, or possibly just
generalize that into a lookup feature for any attributes that might be
large.

Right now the "export" isn't piecemeal, so anything that gets stored in the
cache as an Attribute gets exported in a header. It may be necessary to
exclude some. I could add that now for 2.1 before I ship it.

The other issue is that I think using base64 will be safer if we use a
header. We have to strip linefeeds also.