shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] how to deliver personal infocard keyinfo to app?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:08:27 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a preference for how we give the keyinfo to
the app? A block of KeyInfo xml in the environment
might work for unix. Something stuck in a header
for windows?

It depends on the size, we'd have to experiment with it. If it's a problem,
we can write another loopback handler of some kind, or possibly just
generalize that into a lookup feature for any attributes that might be
large.

Looks like the keyinfo element from ie cards is about 500 bytes.
And from digitalme about 1500 bytes.

These are the text of the keyinfo: <KeyInfo>....</KeyInfo>

The other issue is that I think using base64 will be safer if we use a
header. We have to strip linefeeds also.

Due to the keyinfo being somewhat base64'd already, the base64 transform adds about 30% to the length of the text.

Jim