shibboleth-dev - Re: Implementation of constrained delegation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Implementation of constrained delegation

  • From: Stefan Krist <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Implementation of constrained delegation
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:54:10 +0200

On 22:40 05/12/08, Scott Cantor wrote:
> I have a deeper question for you. What exactly is the application protocol
> you're trying to support? Until you answer that question, you can't start to
> address what role SAML would play in it, if any.

You got me there. For me, "application protocol" is a highly overloaded
term, and I doubt that I got the deeper meaning of this question.

The application protocol I'm trying to support is a solution at our Uni
that sends text messages, containing announcements, grades, ... to
mobiles. It's a propreitary solution, therefore, I can adapt the
protocol to my needs - which I was going to do because I wanted to
implement something that can be used for more than just a few solutions.
"Delegation the shibboleth way" - whatever that will turn out to be.

Does anybody think it's possible to find a common point of view about
how delegation in shibboleth should be done, within the next 2 months?
It's most important for me to support delegation for this SMS solution -
it would be great if I could implement something for shibboleth but I
can't afford to wait too long until I know what this is going to be.

Kind regards,
Stefan