shibboleth-dev - RE: Implementation of constrained delegation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Implementation of constrained delegation

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Implementation of constrained delegation
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 22:40:18 -0400

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/docs/draft-cantor-saml-sso-delegation-01.pdf

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/WebServices

> I have a few questions:
> - Is there a common opinion on how delegation in shibboleth2 should be
done
> and if so, where can I find it?

No. I have my opinion, and I think it's generally not shared by most other
people.

> - Is there an implementation of the delegation related Profiles (section
> 3 in Scott's draft)? If so, where can I find it and if not - would you
> be interested if I contribute my implementation?

That draft is nothing. It is a dead document. And no, I do NOT want anybody
using it for anything. It is not a spec. It should not be implemented.
Ignore it. Read ID-WSF if you want to know what I think addresses
delegation. The OpenLiberty project has been developing OpenSAML-based code
for ID-WSF.

I have a deeper question for you. What exactly is the application protocol
you're trying to support? Until you answer that question, you can't start to
address what role SAML would play in it, if any.