shibboleth-dev - More on Mac/Intel

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

More on Mac/Intel

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: More on Mac/Intel
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:39:10 -0400

I found a fairly comprehensive discussion here:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationOnMacOSX

I finally got access to an Intel Mac, and I'm performing various tests at
the moment to figure out the best approaches here.

Ideally if I can find a way to get Apache into 32-bit mode without stripping
the binary, I'll document that for now, make sure it all works and then add
Intel back as a supported platform while I work on the 64-bit build
question.

So far running arch -i386 /usr/sbin/httpd *does* report that it's 32-bit, so
I think it should work, it's just a matter of getting apache to start up
that way.

Lastly, does anybody know a way from the command line to identify what arch
a process is running with? I know the GUI can do it, but I'm assuming
there's a ps flag to do it...?

-- Scott

  • More on Mac/Intel, Scott Cantor, 03/31/2008