shibboleth-dev - RE: More on Mac/Intel

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: More on Mac/Intel

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: More on Mac/Intel
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:55:44 -0400

> So far running arch -i386 /usr/sbin/httpd *does* report that it's 32-bit,
so
> I think it should work, it's just a matter of getting apache to start up
> that way.

And done.

Two edits (the former is just for a few apachectl targets that run httpd
directly, but this is NOT how Apache starts up as a daemon).

/usr/sbin/apachectl
set HTTPD to 'arch -i386 /usr/sbin/httpd'

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist
Add the same thing to the launchd command line:

<string>arch</string>
<string>-i386</string>
<string>/usr/sbin/httpd</string>
<string>-D</string>
<string>FOREGROUND</string>

I'll get this documented in the wiki once I test the SP with it.

There should be no need to strip your binary now. I knew that made no sense.

> Lastly, does anybody know a way from the command line to identify what
arch
> a process is running with? I know the GUI can do it, but I'm assuming
> there's a ps flag to do it...?

Answered my own question, ps -l includes the flags column, and bit 4
indicates it's 64-bit.

-- Scott

  • More on Mac/Intel, Scott Cantor, 03/31/2008
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: More on Mac/Intel, Scott Cantor, 03/31/2008