shibboleth-dev - RE: User Authentication on the IDP?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: User Authentication on the IDP?

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: User Authentication on the IDP?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:51:28 -0500

I agree with Nate that native support would be nice, since that would allow proper population of AuthnContext.  The federation I am working with currently has a policy level rule requiring all IDPs to do CCA, but some members have resources they would share even if users did not authenticate with CCA (so moving forward, it would be nice to have that flexibility).

Nate, did you test this SSLUserName feature?  It works fine with PHP, but the RemoteUser handler in Shibboleth always gets the DN (not sure if Tomcat is somehow overriding the RemoteUser with SSL_CLIENT_* stuff).  I can work with the DN (it’s a bit less convenient), but I was curious if this worked directly for you.