shibboleth-dev - RE: Metadata 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Metadata 2.0

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Metadata 2.0
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:04:23 -0500

> I would like to test the new features like the xml encryption. Can you
> please send me an example of working 2.0 metadata with the new features
> enabled?

I'd add that there's really nothing in metadata pertaining to encryption
other than the actual KeyDescriptors. If there's one marked use="encryption"
or unmarked, the peer will be able to use it to do the symmetric key
transport. Otherwise, there's nothing in there saying to do it or not, it's
the sender's policy.

There are some "advanced" parts of the metadata relating to an
EncryptionMethod element that's supposed to specify something about how to
do encryption, but honestly I don't understand it that well and I didn't
really do much with it.